Are you resourceful? Enthusiastic? Innovative? Able to leap buildings in a single bound? If yes, you just might have a future at CRG!
CRG Events is looking for an experienced Event Budget Coordinator to join one of the top-awarded event teams in Seattle! CRG Events has been recognized multiple times as one of 20 best companies to work for in Seattle by Seattle Metropolitan Magazine (#1 2011, #4 2013). Also, recognized as one of Washington's 100 best companies to work for by Seattle Business Magazine in 2015 (#31).
The Budget Coordinator is responsible for supporting multiple budgets of small- to large-scale events, and assisting the Finance & Budget Manager and/or Event Leads in managing all aspects of event budgets. This position will work closely with internal leads, event teams, vendors and suppliers, and the client finance team to support the ever-moving parts of an event budget. Additionally, this position will assist production teams with aspects of event coordination and logistics, as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree from four-year institution and 1-2 years of finance, accounting, budget coordination or event coordination experience is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The Budget Coordinator’s main responsibility will be to support the Budget Manager in building, updating, and reconciling event budgets. This role may serve as a Budget 2nd on events with a large or highly complex budget model or Budget Lead on smaller budgets. Some of the specific responsibilities may include:
- Provide budget updates to event lead including analysis of trends or areas of risk.
- Make recommendations to Budget Manager and event lead on cost saving opportunities.
- Ensure all budget documents are posted to the event team sites.
- Budget Reconciliation. Cross reference budget actuals with invoicing in the client finance systems to ensure accuracy.
- Familiar with all client finance resources and tools (Purchase Orders, Cross Charging, etc.)
- Work with client procurement teams to set up new vendors.
- Work with Budget Manager on developing event budget models and forecasting short and long-term financial projections, managing year-by-year budgeting processes.
- Act as the budget SME on the Event Management team
- Serve as conduit between client finance contact and the EM department to provide updates and policy changes.
- Help lead budget trainings for other team members and new employees.
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES (Event Coordination and General)
- Assume responsibility for success of assigned aspects of an event or project, meeting client objectives and client and manager expectations.
- Learn and manage CRG documents for events such as: event giveaway grid, signage plan, RFP templates, temp staffing plan, transportation plan, wrap up documents, 3x3 client reports, budget summary reports, Microsoft and non-Microsoft budget templates.
- Establish good relations with vendors and works with vendors in securing needed materials on time, within budget and meeting requested specifications.
- Maintains clear communication with manager, team, and client regarding special problems or exceptions to policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in weekly staff and department meetings, providing solutions, support, and creative insight to tackle ongoing issues.
- Attain a thorough knowledge of CRG Events' operating procedures and the overall operation of the company.
- Ability to work independently on assigned projects, while proactively seeking clarification when needed.
This is a permanent, full-time position averaging 40 hours per week. For the full job description, please click here.
Click here to submit your resume. Please indicate Budget Coordinator as your preferred position.
If you have any questions regarding the open position or on submitting your resume, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Internships are a great way to get a glimpse of the events industry and decide if it's really for you. The program is designed to introduce you to the inner workings of corporate event planning. Our hope is that this opportunity will allow you to gain expertise and experience, exercise your analytical skills and demonstrate your resourcefulness. You will learn about the event management industry, and apply what you learn in a professional business setting. Through interactions with established professionals, interns often find mentors and role models who can inspire their future career planning.
To be considered for an internship, please plan to submit your resume by the due dates listed below for each internship time period. Please note that we are looking for candidates who can commit to working full time (40 hours/week) for the duration of the internship.
Click here to submit your resume. Please indicate the internship time period (Winter/Spring, Spring/Summer, or Fall/Winter Internship) as the position you are applying for in the Preferred Position field.
Event Management Internships:
- Winter/Spring: Jan 10 – April 28
- Submit resume by: 11/11/16
- Spring/Summer: May 9 – August 25
- Submit resume by: 3/31/17
- Fall/Winter: September 5 – Dec 29
- Submit resume by: 7/7/17
If you have any questions regarding the internship program or on submitting your resume, please send an email to Internship@crgevents.com