Are you resourceful? Enthusiastic? Innovative? Able to leap buildings in a single bound? If yes, you just might have a future at CRG!
Assistant Registration Coordinator (Contract April 11 to July 28)
CRG Events is looking for an ambitious Assistant Registration Coordinator to join one of the top-awarded event teams in Seattle! CRG Events has been recognized multiple times as one of 20 best companies to work for in Seattle by Seattle Metropolitan Magazine (#1 2011, #4 2013). Also, recognized as one of Washington's 100 best companies to work for by Seattle Business Magazine in 2015 (#31).
This temporary position is responsible for assisting and executing tasks related to event registration, housing, and finance, which includes answering and directing incoming calls and email from attendees, clients, hotels, and team members, pulling reports and other projects as assigned.
This position is contracted to begin April 11, 2017 until July 28, 2017, with the potential to extend based on performance and staffing needs. A retention bonus will be paid on your final paycheck upon full completion of your contracted term.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answer and direct incoming calls and emails from attendees, clients, vendors, and team members.
- Provide excellent customer service to attendees, clients, and vendors.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of registration web sites and event details.
- Actively participate in event team meetings as required by providing updates and recommendations to benefit other team members.
- Effectively uses company resources to organize and relay information needed by team members.
- Handle all proprietary information as confidential.
INDIVIDUALS will be sorted into one of the 3 Specializations below:
- Individual will be required to update the Registration Lead on assigned tasks, including:
- Assisting in registration and reporting procedures.
- Identify registration issues and troubleshoot solution
- Managing ongoing costumer escalations
- Individual will be required to update the Housing Lead on assigned tasks, including:
- Weekly processing of attendee reservations and special requests using registration web site.
- Quality checking hotel rooming lists against registration web site attendee lists.
- Communication between hotel staff to ensure accommodations are prepared in advance of attendee check-in, particularly key client contacts, VIPs, and presenters.
- Individual will be required to update the Finance Lead on assigned tasks, including:
- Assisting attendees with non-credit card payments
- Processing payment changes, cancellations, and refunds
- Assisting the finance team in quality checking and payment reminders
Click here to submit your resume. Please indicate Assistant Registration Coordinator or ARC as your preferred position.
If you have any questions regarding the open position or on submitting your resume, please send an email to email@example.com
The Event Manager will serve as event lead on several medium to large scale events, simultaneously. This position manages events in their entirety, in some cases independently and in other cases leading a team of one or more people. Event Managers lead and supervise CRG employees (Event Coordinators, Event Assistants, interns, and members of Registration Dept.) on projects and ensure that planning schedules are met, budgets are balanced, correct CRG processes are being implemented, and that client needs are anticipated and exceeded.
This is a client-facing role, which will work directly alongside Event Management and Registration personnel to deliver unforgettable experiences and delight our Fortune 100 & 500 corporate clientele, which include Microsoft, Nike, LinkedIn, T-Mobile, and Facebook.
CRG Events has been recognized multiple times as one of the 20 best companies to work for in Seattle by Seattle Metropolitan Magazine (#1 2011, #4 2013). Also recognized as one of Washington's 100 best companies to work for by Seattle Business Magazine in 2015 (#31). CRG offers a competitive benefits package, while valuing the work-life balance of employees; Event Managers can start working from home one day per week after first 6 months.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE Requirements
- 2-4 Years of Event Management experience is required, depending on type of experience.
- Management of, at minimum, a 500-person event. Please specify events worked on and role in resume.
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year institution is preferred.
- Supervisor experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently manages and supervises all assigned tasks on a variety of events including multi-day events.
- Demonstrates outstanding leadership, expertise, management and consultation skills when conducting business with clients, vendors and CRG team members.
- Exhibits exceptional critical thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Strong analytical skills and experience working with complex data
- Ability to anticipate areas of risk and implement creative solutions
- Effectively manages a high volume of work and consistently provides a high quality of work output
- Meets on a regular basis with members of project team to discuss project progress, challenges and solutions.
- Develops accurate budgets, obtains written client approval and maintains timely updates preventing budget overruns and increasing client expenditure awareness.
- Maintains independent working relationships and establishes excellent customer service with clients and vendors.
- Works with vendors in securing needed materials on time, within budget and meeting requested specifications.
- Maintains contact with designated clients, quarterly at minimum, regardless of project activity, with the goal of attaining additional business.
- Works with sales, account management, and proposal writer to develop proposals and contracts.
- Manages project finances and employee time.
- Records/Reviews project time and expenses, ensures clients are invoiced monthly as appropriate, tracks jobs to completion and account closure.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of CRG event's operating procedures and the overall operation of the company.
- Actively participates and contributes to department meetings, trainings, initiatives, and committees
- Able to effectively prioritize and delegate to staff above and below this position.
- Maintains clear communication with manager and/or client, regarding special problems or exceptions to policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in weekly staff and department meetings, and able to lead training sessions as required.
- Follows established policies and procedures for appearance, timeliness and safety.
This position may supervise up to three Event Coordinators or Event Assistants; responsibilities include weekly or biweekly 1:1 meetings, monthly evaluations, annual reviews, monitoring promotions, raises, and overall performance.
Click here to submit your resume. Please indicate Event Manager as your preferred position.
CRG Events is looking for an Event Assistant to join one of the top-awarded event teams in Seattle! CRG Events has been recognized multiple times as one of 20 best companies to work for in Seattle by Seattle Metropolitan Magazine (#1 2011, #4 2013). Also recognized as one of Washington's 100 best companies to work for by Seattle Business Magazine in 2015 (#31).
The Event Assistant is responsible for assisting the Event Management Department in all aspects of internal and administrative coordination and serving as support staff to our production teams. This position will work directly alongside event management personnel and operations staff (with supervision), to deliver unforgettable experiences and delight our top-tier corporate clientele, which include Microsoft, Nike, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
CRG Events is known for fostering the growth and development of young professionals who have a passion for the event industry. We offer an extensive training program, resources, and mentorship with dedicated event professionals with up to a decade plus of experience. Promotions happen, on average, between 9-16 months of starting, and are based entirely on individual performance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree from four-year institution, or 1-2 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. No event management experience necessary; however, previous corporate/event experience is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide event support for a variety of different types and levels of event - these include conferences, tradeshows, dinners, celebrations, and incentive programs.
- Monitor department support email alias and work with alias team to delegate items, follow-up, and make sure all items are assigned and completed.
- Actively participate in team meetings to provide creative solutions to challenges, benefit other team members, and treat all proprietary information as confidential.
- Responsible for effective and timely communication between internal team, clients, and vendors via phone and email. Provide phone coverage, as needed.
- Manage vital CRG event documents such as: event contact sheet, production schedule, event timeline, onsite crew cards, meeting notes, change order, expense tracking doc, show plan, and wrap-up document.
- Keep departments updated on new event processes, current event issues, ongoing challenges, solutions, and industry trends.
Click here to submit your resume. Please indicate Event Assistant as your preferred position.
Our Internships are a great way to get a glimpse of the events industry and decide if it's really for you. The program is designed to introduce you to the inner workings of corporate event planning. Our hope is that this opportunity will allow you to gain expertise and experience, exercise your analytical skills and demonstrate your resourcefulness. You will learn about the event management industry, and apply what you learn in a professional business setting. Through interactions with established professionals, interns often find mentors and role models who can inspire their future career planning.
To be considered for an internship, please plan to submit your resume by the due dates listed below for each internship time period. Please note that we are looking for candidates who can commit to working full time (40 hours/week) for the duration of the internship.
Click here to submit your resume. Please indicate the internship time period (Winter/Spring, Spring/Summer, or Fall/Winter Internship) as the position you are applying for in the Preferred Position field.
Event Management Internships:
- Spring/Summer: May 9 – August 25
- Submit resume by: 3/31/17
- Fall/Winter: September 5 – Dec 29
- Submit resume by: 7/7/17
If you have any questions regarding the internship program or on submitting your resume, please send an email to Internship@crgevents.com