Are you resourceful? Enthusiastic? Innovative? Able to leap buildings in a single bound? If yes, you just might have a future at CRG!
This position’s prime responsibility is the organizational effectiveness of office operations. Secondary responsibilities include administrative support to the CEO and Executive Team at the CRG Events main office location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses Microsoft Office Suite of programs, including Outlook, OneNote, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint on a daily or weekly basis depending on the task at hand.
- Speaks in company and client meetings.
- Maintains a familiarity with department resources, CRG’s operating procedures and websites.
- Thoroughly completes all projects within hourly goal and budgetary requirements by identifying and utilizing the most efficient methods to execute projects and tasks.
- Sets-up and organizes bi-weekly staff meetings, and attends training sessions as needed.
- Work independently on assigned projects and proactively seeks clarification when needed.
- Ensure office is open and closed during posted hours each day, typically 8 AM – 5 PM.
- Ensure office is presentable at all times.
- Manage AV, wiring, office technology and printers throughout the office and conference rooms.
- Main point of contact for office repairs and maintenance issues.
- Manage kitchen including cleanliness and supplies.
- Coordinate all elements of Staff Meetings.
- Participate in company Social Committee if possible.
- Complete office tasks such as the following:
- Daily mail drop off /pickup and courier package management.
- Manage meeting room availability, including setup and daily calendar distribution.
- Monitor and order office supplies.
- Monitor faxes and distribute appropriately.
- Oversee hardware checkout to staff.
- Order and send out uniforms for cleaning.
- Maintain company SharePoint design and updates.
- Monitor Info@crgevents.com email alias.
- Attain a thorough knowledge of CRG Events' operating procedures and the overall operation of the company. Follow procedures including timesheet, CRG voice mail and email procedures
- Schedule meetings and maintain calendars on behalf of Executives, communicating with employees and external contacts as required.
- Perform business tasks on behalf of Executives including, and not limited to, returning calls and emails, submitting timesheets, managing expense reconciliation and travel arrangements.
- Perform personal tasks as requested by Executives.
- Manages Microsoft Contractor status of ~20 internal employees.
- Manage Contract signing including DocuSign process.
- Manage Zenrous communication and scheduling with clients and oversee assembly of materials.
- Provide back up support to the Administrative Team as needed and as time permits.
Click here to submit your resume. Please indicate Office Coordinator as your preferred position.
Event and Site Search Assistant
CRG Events is looking for an ambitious Site Sourcing and Event Assistant to join one of the top-awarded event teams in Seattle! CRG Events has been recognized multiple times as one of 20 best companies to work for in Seattle by Seattle Metropolitan Magazine (#1 2011, #4 2013). Also, recognized as one of Washington's 100 best companies to work for by Seattle Business Magazine in 2015 (#31).
The Site Sourcing and Event Assistant is responsible for supporting the Site Sourcing & Contract Manager with conducting venue site searches and reporting on all aspects of this line of business. Additionally, this position will assist the Event Management Department in all aspects of internal and administrative coordination and serving as support staff to our production teams.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree from four-year institution, or 1-2 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred experience with hospitality or sales and basics of event planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Site Sourcing and Events Assistant will support the Site Sourcing Manager by conducting site searches for a variety of different types and sizes of events, including but not limited to conferences, room blocks, off-site dinners and special events. Some of the specific responsibilities may include:
- Track expected and actual revenue for commission-based site searches. Follow-up with hotels to ensure commission payment.
- Ability to work independently on assigned projects, while proactively seeking clarification when needed.
- Build Requests for Proposal (RFPs) in an online venue sourcing tool according to the event requirements as provided by the client.
- Research and suggest hotels/event venue suppliers to receive the RFP, and send the RFP to selected venues.
- Evaluate proposals, and compile responses and property information in client-facing reports and presentations.
- Responsible for effective and timely communication with internal and external clients and hotel/venue suppliers via in-person meetings, phone and email.
- This role will also provide event support for a variety of different types and levels of events, including meetings, conferences, tradeshows, dinners and celebrations. Some of these responsibilities may include:
- Manage vital CRG event documents such as: event contact sheet, production schedule, event timeline, onsite crew cards, meeting notes, change order, expense tracking doc, show plan, and wrap-up document.
- Monitor department support email alias and work with alias team to delegate items, follow-up, and make sure all items are assigned and completed.
- Establish good relations with vendors and works with vendors in securing needed materials on time, within budget and meeting requested specifications.
- Track hours spent and catalog in CRG’s timesheet software.
- Maintains clear communication with manager, team, and client regarding special problems or exceptions to policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in weekly staff and department meetings, providing solutions, support, and creative insight to tackle ongoing issues.
- Attain a thorough knowledge of CRG Events' operating procedures and the overall operation of the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Microsoft Office suite program experience preferred (Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication, presentation skills, email & memo writing.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload on multiple projects & events simultaneously.
- Displays strong critical thinking, organizational, and analytical capabilities.
- Successfully perform in high stress, fast-paced environment.
- Accept changes with short notice and tolerate frequent interruptions.
- Work cooperatively with other employees, vendors, and clients.
- Portray professional presence through superior skills in verbal and written communication, promptness, appearance, and poise.
Click here to submit your resume. Please indicate Event & Site Search Assistant as your preferred position.
Our Internships are a great way to get a glimpse of the events industry and decide if it's really for you. The program is designed to introduce you to the inner workings of corporate event planning. Our hope is that this opportunity will allow you to gain expertise and experience, exercise your analytical skills and demonstrate your resourcefulness. You will learn about the event management industry, and apply what you learn in a professional business setting. Through interactions with established professionals, interns often find mentors and role models who can inspire their future career planning.
To be considered for an internship, please plan to submit your resume by the due dates listed below for each internship time period. Please note that we are looking for candidates who can commit to working full time (40 hours/week) for the duration of the internship.
Click here to submit your resume. Please indicate the internship time period (Winter/Spring, Spring/Summer, or Fall/Winter Internship) as the position you are applying for in the Preferred Position field.
Event Management Internships:
- Spring/Summer: May 9 – August 25
- Submit resume by: 3/31/17
- Fall/Winter: September 5 – Dec 29
- Submit resume by: 7/7/17
If you have any questions regarding the internship program or on submitting your resume, please send an email to Internship@crgevents.com