Windows Phone at Mobile World Congress
Mobile World Congress (MWC) is the world's largest conference and exhibition for the mobile industry. MWC attended by over 60,000 people from over 200 countries. Mobile operators, device manufacturers, and technology providers participate in the conference, including Microsoft Windows Phone.
- Managed the execution of strategic goals, managed the event budget, drove the planning timeline and managed a team of branding and experiential design vendors.
- 400+ meetings took place at the Windows Phone Executive Meeting Center at the Hotel Rey Juan Carlos in Barcelona, Spain.
- Created branded events spaces in the hotel lobby, meeting rooms and Demo Skyboxes.
- Branded the exterior of the hotel with two massive canvases, measuring 108 feet tall by 59 feet wide, which were positioned on the front façade of the hotel.
- Transformed the hotel lobby into a branded environment:
- Built a custom meeting registration desk branded with Windows Phone metro theme that fit seamlessly with the existing look and feel of the hotel registration desk.
- Re-designed the hotel lobby area with lounge furniture to compliment the Windows Phone branding and colors, which consisted of chairs, couches, lamps, coffee tables and rugs.
- Completed the branded environment with banner wraps on the corners of the lobby stores and the elevator column, as well as a banner on the second floor balcony that wrapped the perimeter of the room.
- Created interactive ‘living rooms’ called Demo Skyboxes, where attendees could virtually experience the Windows environment
- Altered the entire ballroom by building out thirty hard wall meeting and presentation rooms. For each room, we added air conditioning, lighting, full wall branding and furniture, including custom tables with Windows Phone branding and internet and electrical ports built in.
- The hotel space dedicated to top level executive meetings was completely transformed by masking the walls entirely; removing the existing furniture; and adding new décor, wall branding, lighting and audio visual components.