Alaska Airlines Company Meeting
Alaska Airlines annual company meeting, hosting 1,400 Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air employees, was held inside the Engineering & Maintenance airplane hangar at the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
In a nutshell:
- Managed the production of the general session and reception at a unique venue space - a working hangar.
- Compressed planning timeline.
- With the event taking place inside the Engineering & Maintenance airplane hangar, set-up and strike-down had to be executed under a very tight timeline, to maximize maintenance productivity.
- To overcome the “cavernous” feeling of the venue, we utilized vaulted pipe and drape to create a general session “room” and a separate space for the post-meeting reception.
- Sound quality was also a primary concern at the venue and we worked to address that through strategic use of pipe and drape and AV placement.
- Managed employee transportation from multiple locations to the hangar.
- Repurposed existing model air planes, borrowed from the client's corporate headquarters, for general session stage decor and reception ceiling decor.
- Airlines beverage carts were used as mobile drink stations during the reception, eliminating the need and associated cost for additional beverage stations.